Support for the production of audiovisual works is intended for companies that want to produce a film or television series in Sweden.
The support can be used for feature films, documentary films, drama series or documentary series, regardless of the technology used to bring them to the screen. The purpose of the support is to increase the number of audiovisual works produced in Sweden. This support, which is permanent from 2022 onwards, totals 100 million Swedish kronor per year.
How much support can I get?
Support can cover up to 25 percent of eligible costs. Eligible costs are costs that are necessary to carry out the production in Sweden and that relate to the production and post-production phase. Eligible costs are salaries paid to individuals who pay tax in Sweden and the purchase of goods or services from companies that are obliged to pay taxes in Sweden. You get the money by submitting an application for payment after the costs have been incurred.
Who can apply?
Companies whose main activity is the production of audiovisual works can apply for support. Both national and international companies can apply. Private individuals cannot apply.
What can I apply for?
The support can be used for feature films, documentary films, drama series or documentary series, regardless of the technology used to bring them to the screen. Support covers costs related to production and postproduction. Support cannot be paid for productions such as reality shows, music videos and commercials.
What are the requirements?
For a production to be eligible for support, the following requirements must be met.
- The production of audiovisual works must be the company’s main activity.
- The production must take place entirely or in part in Sweden.
- Principal photography must not have started before the application for support is submitted.
- The total budget of the production must be at least 30 million Swedish kronor for feature films, at least 10 million Swedish kronor for documentary films, at least 10 million Swedish kronor per episode for drama series or at least 5 million Swedish kronor per episode for documentary series.
- Production costs that are eligible for support must be at least 4 million Swedish kronor.
- The financing of the production must be secured for the part for which you are not applying support.
- The production must be classed as a cultural product according to the Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth’s definition.
Information in Swedish
Call for proposal autumn 2023 (2023:2)
On September 18th we opened a call for proposals, but experienced technical problems and as a result we cancelled the call process. A new round of applications opens on October 17th with a budget of 44 million Swedish kronor, as costs for development and administration of the support go to the total budget, which is 100 million Swedish kronor per year.
Call for proposal spring 2023 (2023:1)
The call for production for audiovisual works spring 2023 (2023:1) closed on 3 May at 10.00. 33 applicants have applied for support to a total search amount of 308,571,135 Swedish kronor. Six applicants were granted support for a total of 50 million Swedish kronor.
Call for proposal 2022
The first call for proposals in 2022 resulted in 37 applications for a total of 300 million Swedish kronor, 14 of which were granted.