Startup Sweden is a Boot Camp for the most promising digital startups in Sweden.
Our Boot Camp gives 10 companies the opportunity to expand their networks via contacts with other companies, financiers, potential customers and partners. These companies also get practical advice and know-how in business development – from other startups as well as from experts in various fields.
Last but not least, these companies are given the opportunity to meet with private and public investors at Sweden’s biggest demo day for digital enterprises – Sweden Demo Day.
Read more under the headings below.
Boot Camp 4, 2018 will be held on 26 - 30 November. Last day to apply was 29 October.
Which companies can participate?
- Be in the form of a limited company registered in Sweden that has developed products and services which have a global market
- Have been adopted by an incubator or science park, or validated by the market in the form of sales, or have received some form of financing
- Have complete prototypes or beta versions of their products or services
- Be able to be on location in Stockholm with the other companies during entire Boot Camp week
- Be willing to learn and share experiences with other companies.
What might companies expect from the Boot Camp?
Companies might expect to:
- Build and expand their networks via contacts with other companies, financiers, potential customers and partners.
- Get practical advice and know-how in business development – from other startups as well as from experts in various fields
- Get to practise their sales pitch for an audience of companies, coaches, sales pitch experts, and investors
- Participate in social events such as Sthlm Tech Meetup and Startup Grind with the other participants
- Get priority access to selected actions and international networks – if they fit the company’s profile – such as the Mobile World Congress (MWC), Innovate46 and Slush
- Get the chance to meet with private and public investors at the biggest demo day for digital enterprises – Sweden Demo Day.
What does it cost to participate?
- Companies must pay their own travel and accommodation expenses.
- The Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth pays all other costs associated with participation in Startup Sweden.
- An assessment team will select 10 companies based on a written application and a short video pitch.
- The assessment team has previously consisted of representatives from Stockholm Innovation & Growth (Sting), Almi Invest, Fast Track Malmö, Internet Discovery Day, Northzone, Innovation Office - Stockholm University, Bic Factory, Innovation Skåne, Industrifonden and the Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth.