New handling of late reconciliation statements
From 1 November 2021, companies that have not submitted their reconciliation on time will receive an injunction from Tillväxtverket, the Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth.
After the turn of the year, companies that have received a decision on recovery due to no reconciliation or late reconciliation will have the right to make a new notification of reconciliation.
Injunction for late reconciliation statement
From 1 November 2021, companies that have not submitted their reconciliation on time will receive an injunction, an request, to submit the reconciliation. You then have 30 days to submit the reconciliation. If you do not submit the reconciliation, Tillväxtverket will make a decision based on the information we have, which may lead to the company being obliged to repay preliminary support.
How to make a reconciliation if you have received an injunction
If you have received an injunction to send in a reconciliation, go into your case via Min ansökan External link, opens in new window. (My application) and fill in your reconciliation, sign it and submit.
Once you have submitted your reconciliation, Tillväxtverket will make a final assessment of your new reconciliation. The reconciliation may result in you being entitled to additional support for the period, or that you will be liable for repayment of part or all of the preliminary support.
Deferment of reconciliation during the injunction period
You have 30 days to submit your reconciliation. If you have special reasons, you can be granted a deferment of submitting the reconciliation.
Special reasons may be:
- That a representative or responsible employee of the employer is suffering from an illness or had an accident.
- That a crucial technical error has occurred with the employer or a supplier that affects the possibility of submitting a reconciliation.
- That the employer has a payroll and accounting system which means that the information needed for the reconciliation cannot be produced in time.
Apply for deferment
Submit your application for deferral well in advance of the reconciliation deadline.
If you want to apply for a deferral, do so via the completion form that you can find via your case in Min ansökan External link, opens in new window.. If for any reason you are not able to log in to Min ansökan, please contact our technical support. State the reason for why are unable to log in and the reason for why you want to apply for a deferral. We do not accept deferral applications by phone.
Information for companies that were late with the reconciliation before November 1 and that have not yet received a decision on recovery
Have you already submitted your reconciliation, but too late according to the date stated in your decision?
If so, you do not need to do anything. Tillväxtverket will continue the processing as if the reconciliation has been sent in on time.
Has your deadline for reconciliation passed, but you have not sent it to Tillväxtverket?
You will have 30 days to submit your reconciliation after you have received an injunction. You send in your reconciliation by going into your case via Min ansökan, External link, opens in new window. filling in your reconciliation, signing and submitting.
Information for companies that have received a decision on recovery due to late reconciliation
Have you received a legally binding decision on recovery?
If so, you have the opportunity to submit a new application for reconciliation from 1 January 2022.
Have you appealed Tillväxtverket's decision on recovery and it is now up to the administrative court?
If so, your decision on recovery has not gained legal force. In order to be able to submit a new notification of reconciliation in 2022, you need to withdraw your appeal to the administrative court.
New notification of reconciliation
From 1 January 2022, those who have received a decision on recovery due to a late or unreported reconciliation can file a new reconciliation statement between 1 January and 2 May 2022.
- The company must have been granted financial support during the period 16 March 2020 to 30 June 2021.
- If you wish to file a new reconciliation statement, you must submit the notification between 1 January and 2 May 2022.
- Decisions on recovery of support due to late or non-reconciliation must have entered into force.
Keep in mind that the possibility of submitting a new reconciliation only applies to companies that have received a decision on recovery due to the reconciliation being submitted too late or not at all. No other recoveries give you the right to submit a new notification of reconciliation. Decisions on denial or rejection also do not give you the right to submit a new notification of reconciliation.
To be able to submit a new notification on reconciliation, you must have a decision on recovery of support that has entered into force. If you have appealed a decision on recovery of support and it is filed with the Administrative Court, you can proceed in one of the following ways:
- Wait for the Administrative Court to adjudicate on your case. When this takes place it will remand the case to Tillväxtverket who will then re-examine the case. In most cases, it will mean that you will receive an injunction to submit a reconciliation statement.
- Withdraw your appeal. The Administrative Court will then dismiss your case, your matter will come into force, and you will have the opportunity to submit a new reconciliation statement in accordance with the new law in 2022, no later than 30 April (2 May). However, you should not withdraw your appeal if your decision also includes questions other than that of recovery of support due to late reconciliation.
New registration for reconciliation is done in two steps
Step 1: Notification of new reconciliation
You can notify your intention to file a new reconciliation statement between 1 January and 2 May 2022. Submit your reconciliation statement via the supplementation form.
- Log in to Min ansökan External link, opens in new window. (My application).
- Select the case you want to reconcile again.
- Click the link to the supplementation form
- Select the option "I want to submit a new reconciliation statement"
- In the free text box, include the following information;
- Case ID
- The date when Tillväxtverket decided on recovery of support due to late reconciliation.
- The start and end dates of the late reconciliation period.
If you have multiple cases
Keep in mind that if you have multiple cases with decisions on recovery of support because you did not submit your reconciliation in time, you must submit a new reconciliation statement via the supplementation form in each case.
What happens after Step 1?
Tillväxtverket checks that you are entitled to submit a new reconciliation statement, and which period you are entitled to reconcile again.
Tillväxtverket will then provide you with feedback through a message on My pages as to whether you are assessed as entitled to submit a new reconciliation statement. You will also receive an email.
You will then receive a separate email from the Tillväxtverket to submit supplementary information, and it is then time for you to submit detailed information about your short-time working employees.
Step 2: Submit your new reconciliation statement
When you have received information from Tillväxtverket to submit supplementary information for your new reconciliation, proceed as follows:
- Open your case via Min ansökan External link, opens in new window. and submit your new reconciliation. Click "Fill in the reconciliation and submit", and then fill in the rest of your reconciliation statement. Tip! If you want to view the contents your previous reconciliation statement (which you now wish to resubmit) at the time you submitted it, you can go to My pages and click the "Events" button to show it.
- The information about your company is already filled-in and there is no need to add additional information.
- In the section under the heading "Reconciliation" you can see which employees you previously applied for support for. You can adjust the information and add information for the period to which the recovery of support applied.
- Under the "Results" heading you can see a compilation of the support amounts from the application and the reconciliation.
- Preview your reconciliation statement and check your details.
- Sign the reconciliation statement with BankID and submit. You will receive a confirmation to your email address when your reconciliation statement has been submitted.
- Tillväxtverket will process your reconciliation statement and you will receive a decision. The decision will be published in My application and you will also receive a notification via email.
When do I get a decision?
- Tillväxtverket will process your new reconciliation when it is signed and submitted and will return with a decision for your reconciliation later.
Will I receive the same amount that Tillväxtverket demanded?
- Since the reconciliation was previously not reported or submitted too late, the period has not been tried by Tillväxtverket before. We will therefore check the information you provide in connection with the reconciliation, which means that we may reject the application for support, for example for certain periods or for the entire period that is being reconciled again.
- The amount of support for the new reconciliation may be the same, less than or higher than the amount previously recovered. If you are entitled to additional support, your company will receive a payment to the account you specified in the application. Keep in mind that it may take a few working days from Tillväxtverket's decision until the amount is available in the account.
Examples of who has the right to submit a new application for reconciliation
- Those who have received a decision on recovery due to the fact that your reconciliation for support for short-term work during the period 16 March 2020 - 30 June 2021 was not submitted on time.
- Those who have received a decision on recovery due to not submitting their reconciliation on time.
Examples of grounds that do not give you the right to submit a new application for reconciliation
- Decision on recovery due to some other reason than unreported or late reconciliation.
- An decision on recovery due to a late or unreported reconciliation that has not yet gained legal force.
- Decisions on denial or rejection are not covered by the law on new notification of reconciliation of support for short-term work. For example, only a decision rejecting an application for additional preliminary support, or a decision on rejection of an extended approval, does not give you the right to make a new notification of reconciliation.